Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Hanging Bridges

A parrot in the rain forest.

We paid $22 to do a series of 20 hanging bridges.  They started out low and just kept getting higher and higher.

Beautiful views up in the canopy though.

It took us about two hours to make the full circuit of bridges and the path looked like this the whole way.

Thank goodness I didn't see an tarantulas on this bridge.


The rain forest is so green it felt weird to see this red leaf.

Lots of trees have roots that look like this, like they're barely hanging on.




A view through one of the bridges, to a creek below.


This tunnel was dark and I was scared the entire time that a pit viper was going to jump out at me.  None did, thank goodness.

Monkeys in the rain forest.



This is a poisonous frog.  The locals call them Blue Jeans but I think it's really something like Poisonous Dart Frog, or something like that.

I can't believe the guide let it crawl on his arm.


It's actually quite dark in the rain forest because the trees and leaves are so dense.  Every so often, you'd get a peek of sunshine.  Insect repellent is WAY more important here than sunscreen.



We're so high up we're taller than the trees.




We just kept climbing up and up.  It was so steep.

I think this might be an orchid.

Off in the distance, you can see one of the bridges we had climbed earlier in the trek.  It gives you a sense of how far up we went.

Another bridge we had previously crossed.

And look at that red bridge way, way, way down there.

No comments:

Post a Comment