Sunday, July 10, 2011

More Waterslide Pictures

I didn't have my camera with me yesterday when I did the slide because it was too much of a wild ride.  But, as we walked up to the zipline course, we passed the slide so I just had to snap a few more pictures.  I love this slide telling the women to wear one of the leather "dipers" (I guess an 'a' in diapers does not make phonetic sense). 

It's a mountain spring so it's dirty - there's no chlorinated pool water here.  It rained really hard last night so it was much dirtier today than yesterday when we actually went down it.



Previously, the record for number of times someone had gone down the slide was five.  Our group was determined to smash that record and one guy went 14 times.  I went twice.  It was really jarring and fast so twice was all I was interested in.  We are all so sore today, after the horseback riding and the jarring water slide yesterday.

The slide is a quarter of a mile long and it was taking us about one minute and ten seconds to get to the bottom.  Someone said that was about 25 miles per hour, but I haven't checked his math.  It was ridiculously fast though.

It's pretty much an irrigation ditch operated with a lever.   No fancy electrical controls in the jungle.

I love it when they try to write the signs in English, they make the same mistakes I do in Spanish so it makes me feel better.  I like "leing back and enjoy the ride."

Depending on how much they let this box of water fill up, the faster you go down the slide.  The first time, I had them fill it up halfway and the second time I had them fill it up all the way.  Surprisingly, it was better the second time.  On my first ride, I came out of my tube.  On the second ride, I got rolled over on my side.  Crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment