Today I rode the bus for the first time. I rode it from the big, orange building near the school to downtown San Jose, where there is an open air market (more like a swap meet with people constantly yelling at you to come to their booth and they will give you the best deal). I went with Dr. Spanos and a girl named Chelsea.
After we were done shopping, we wanted to return to the school but we got on the wrong bus (we wanted one called San Pedro, but we got on the one for Guadalupe). Dr. Spanos realized after about 10 minutes that we were on the wrong bus. We got off at the next stop and started walking to where we needed to be. It took us about an hour and a half. I ended up with three blisters on my feet and a sunburn. It was both fun and no fun at the same time, if you know what I mean. It was adventure, but I'm sort of in pain now.
The good thing about it is now I know it's not tragic if I get on the wrong bus, I can just get off and figure it out from there. It's good to have experienced it with Dr. Spanos so if it does happen to me again, I won't panic. Next time though, I'll just hail a taxi and forget the walking. We didn't know how far it was, though. I think we thought it was closer.
I told my family when I got home and they just laughed. Jorge said, "You have my phone number, next time you call me." They are very nice.
No comments:
Post a Comment